Thursday 29 July 2010

Vintage to Vogue

Just a quick review from my recent trip to Bath, Somerset.

I've been trying to get to Vintage for Vogue for ages ever since I first found out about them from a friend.

Tucked away down a side street is a real jewel of a vintage shop which was opened 2 years ago. I've always been disappointed that they don't have an online boutique as part of their website, but being in the shop completely made up for this. Being in the shop also gave a reason why they don't items on their website - it is filled to the rafters with all sorts of goodies. Though I did ask and they're updating their site and from September they will be selling items from their online boutique!

Despite the shop being on the small size their collection is vast, both in quantity as well as variety. They have everything a pin-up girl could ever want from shoes to hats and everything else in between from 1920s dresses to classic designer pieces.

They don't only have women's but have a huge range of clothes for men including 1930s and 1940s suits, and modern designer suits by the likes of Paul Smith and Giorgio Armani. One of their current wackier items is a pearly king coat from London.

They also sell antique items of clothing from the Victorian and Edwardian periods and a range of military wear (which I'm itching to get my hands on).

Despite the idea usually attached to the word 'vintage', it is not only for women. The last time I was in Vintage to Vogue there was a couple in buying each other their anniversary presents.

This shop is fantastic and a must-visit place in Bath if you're there. I was impressed, and I'm sure you all will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment